Monday, June 2, 2008

Wardsworth Creek, Revisited


Riding Time: 1.15.01
Actual Time: 1.54.41
BPM Avg: 155
Miles: 6
MPH Avg: 4.7
Elevation Gain: ~1100 feet


In an effort to recover my lost pump from my last foray on Wardsworth, I decided to invite my brother-in-law for a quick ride. Maybe, I thought, I'll not only get in a great ride, but recover my awesome pump.

Yes on the former, no luck on the latter.

I'm not entirely sure my numbers were accurate on my last ride. I had some issues with my HRM and my computer (inadvertent button pressing, etc.) One thing for sure was the distance. I was seriously this close to the top last time when I turned around - only .15 miles away.

Maybe it was the fact that I was with another rider, but I felt I pushed myself a bit harder this time than last. It was validating to be on a ride with someone who bikes a whole heck of a lot more than I do and, for the most part, keep up with him. I still have tons of work to do before doing an epic, but at least I know where my starting point is.

Me earning the climb.


Riley tries to hold a line on the uphill.


Riley on top of Everest Wardsworth. 


This time I made it!

Though there was still some hike-a-bike areas, I was on my bike much more than last time.

1 comment:

Annieofbluegables said...

Pretty neat. At one point in my life I would have LOVED this. But now I have to say:
better you than me. . .

~mom