Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Specialized Helmet Replacement Program

It's a little known fact that Specialized has a helmet replacement program. I bought my first one in 1995 (albeit grudgingly for a mountain bike class in college). It developed several nicks and dings over the years and eventually suffered a fatal blow during a crash. I went into a dealer and they swapped me out my old for brand-new one.

Now things are a bit different. If you own a Specialized helmet, simply call the main switchboard at (408) 779-6229 and ask about the helmet replacement program. They'll get your information and mail you out a 20% coupon.

I'm now the proud owner of a new Chamonix Specialized helmet.


1 comment:

Trevor Howard said...

Good to know - I'm still on my original helmet from 1991 - I've never had to use it - I wonder if I can get a full refund since it's in pristine condition? I imagine the technology has improved somewhat and I should upgrade.