Friday, February 15, 2008

No Number on the Knee

I saw a doctor of orthopedic medicine yesterday. Everything looks fine - all cartilage and connective tissue is intact. The doctor couldn't really pinpoint what the problem was - even though I could duplicate the popping and catching that caused this in the first place. He told me to keep wearing my neoprene knee sleeve, take lots of ibuprofen, and prescribed some physical therapy. Maybe I should have a visit with Dr. House - he always figures stuff out.

He also did a cortisone injection in my shoulder that's been acting up. The steroid supposed to kick in tomorrow or the next day.
The llidocaine that was mixed with the cortisone was supposed to kick in within 5 minutes of the injection but made absolutely no difference. We'll see how the steroid does...

1 comment:

Annieofbluegables said...

well, I am so glad. Did you see Dr. Kimball?
love you, son
~mom