Saturday, December 1, 2007

Late Night Procrastination

So...I still need to go exercise. I had all day today to exercise, but have put it off. However, as I continue working toward this 60 day goal with Andrew, I am procrastinating less and less. Part of it stems from exercising in the basement with my Gazelle. Concrete walls, squeaky Gazelle...Enough said.

Luckily the Gazelle days will be more limited. Jenny and I purchased a Treadmill tonight for our Christmas present. And probably birthday and next Christmas too. Serendipity was my friend tonight though. We had hit a "Sale" where it was $400 off the normal MSRP. I take those suggested prices with a grain of salt. I figured we were getting an OK deal. Well just before I checked out, the guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said I should try using the 25% off coupon for friends and family. The sales lady said, "Well, you can be my friend." and promptly knocked another 200 off of the sales price. If I would have had the presence of mind, I would have bought the guys stuff for him as he just saved me a bucketload of cash! For future reference, check out slickdeals.net, or fatwallet.com and search your favorite store to see if they have any additional sales deals.

Now why is this going on the Epic Ride blog? I guess it is for two reasons: 1. The ER seems to be focused on exercise right now in preparation for the "Ride." (I would like to have more than one "Ride" maybe it should end in an 's'. No that doesn't sound good, nevermind) This is another tool for me to continue to get fit. I think if I spent the entire winter using that gazelle, I would be a little less sane come spring. 2. I just forgot reason 2, but it was a good one. Oh I guess it helps add value to me about how 'Epic' this ride is going to be. Lots of preparation, lots of focus.

Well enough procrastination. Time to hit the Gazelle.

1 comment:

Andrew Hahn said...

I feel your pain - there are so many times where I just would rather do anything that hit the treadmill.

Glad you're getting one though - I imagine it's way better than the Gazelle! :)