Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Must...Keep...Going....

Okay, this whole consistency thing is now a real thorn in my side. I'm only 12 days into my 60 (48 to go!) and I'm already starting to feel like I'm hitting a wall. I really hope that I can get into a groove and forcing myself to exercise will turn into looking forward to exercise.

I ran on Saturday. It was only a half-hour and a little under 3 miles, but my shins are still griping loudly at me for abusing them. (Caren thinks I should have spent more time on asphalt and less on sidewalk - but asphalt is pretty hard too, right?)

Monday I could hardly stand the idea of getting on the treadmill - regardless of my fancy new shoes. Caren encouraged me to walk instead of run and I was only able to make it for about 10 minutes before my shins decided they'd had enough and it was time to go on holiday.

This week and the week of Christmas I anticipate to be my biggest challenges. Why on earth would you want to get out and exercise when there's food to be eaten and laziness to be indulged in?

Mostly because I want a stinkin' Rockhopper, that's why.

3 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

And you have the very best personal trainer! Gosh!
Try stretching before AND after your run. And start a bit sloooowwwwer.
love you
a

Mike said...

Keep it up! You are doing great. When I think of stopping, I know you are out there exercising and it pushes me to get up and work out! Rockhopper or BUST!

Katie said...

actually they always tell you to run on asphalt instead of sidewalk. it is harder on your body (believe it or not!) fyi