Saturday, March 1, 2008

Its a good thing I am not a betting man...

Well, I had my $ on the Tassajara. The Reader's Digest version is that I am buying a Hoo Koo E Koo.

K, now the longer version (still abbreviated, though...the actual transaction and time in the bike shop was over 1 1/2 hours to figure things out). I showed up at Treads yesterday to pick the upgrade components on my Tassajara. I was going to put Shimano XT on the shifters and rear derailleur; and LX on the front derailleur. Oh, and add clipless pedals to the bike After finding the prices on all those components, subtracting the existing components, and then remembering to add a 10% discount on the new parts, my total was $913 or so.

A 2008 Tassajara with disc brakes (my original pick used traditional caliper brakes) started at $830. So I was paying about 150 extra to not get disc brakes (a upgrade basic kit runs around $400). So then I decided to go with the 08 Tassajara with disc brakes and clippless pedals standard, and upgrade the components. Total price was now more than stock price for a Hoo Koo E Koo that had comparable components and better brakes, and shocks for 30 LESS.

This all took about an hour and a half, and by then end of it, I was tired of shopping. So...My bike is on order, and I am looking forward to riding it.

And hey, Hoo Koo E Koo is kind of fun to say!

3 comments:

Sailor said...

Hmmmmmmmmm..... Yeah, you just never know. Sounds like it will be one heck of a bike at any rate. I hope you have a lot of fun....and that you have a helmet.

Annieofbluegables said...

hmmm. . . they look alike to me. . .I think they look fun.
love you
~a

Jenny said...

I'm just glad you've picked one! Now you can move on to all the other accessories and stuff.