Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Over the hump

Three weeks to go to hit my exercise goal.

As I've previously mentioned, I'm not the most consistent person in the world. Generally my efforts in achieving a goal start strong and finish early. Two to three weeks into it and I'm ready to move onto the next big thing.

I guess proper motivation really holds sway for me.

The other night, Caren and I were talking and marveling that this goal didn't end like so many of my other efforts do: prematurely. It's now easy (or at least easier) to exercise than ever before.

A couple of things have contributed to my success:

  • Proper motivation(Doesn't everyone say that rewarding yourself is an excellent idea?)
  • Not pushing myself too hard (it's much easier to want to hit the treadmill when I know I'll feel good afterward)
  • Focusing on being consistent, and not expecting physical results (which I have seen in endurance build-up. I've seen virtually no weight loss. That's a future goal.)



It's been an interesting um... exercise... in goal setting and achieving.

2 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

well, I didn't
congrats

how discouraging
a

Sailor said...

Good for you! My exercise has morphed into climbing the stairs in the powerplant. I have to do boiler inspection some time anyway.... so I just combine business with torture... I mean fufilling self improvement. :)