Friday, October 12, 2007

Realizations from a Weekend Ride

On Saturday last I hit the road for a little ride. As I've noted before, I ride an aluminum Rockhopper with broken shocks. I also had just pumped up my tires to 60psi. I stayed on the road the entire time and realized that there's a reason my bike came with shocks.

After a half hour my hands were asleep - and my teeth quite rattled. I've GOT to get some shocks.

Another realization, we've got to make sure that if we do decide to do a trail around Craig/Steamboat Springs, that we dress and plan accordingly. This came after I rode in the 35° rain for the last half hour. Awesome times.

2 comments:

Annieofbluegables said...

::Oh Sigh:: I am so glad I can use the excuse of being too old to try this out. It DOES NOT sound like fun to me. That is the very first time I have referred to myself in this manner and was thrilled to use it. Most of the time I am right there with you young-uns trying to keep up, but after that description, NO THANKS

Mike said...

Shocks are our friends! After reading that, I am pushed more towards a full suspension bike. Weather will also be an issue.